Hopefully, you’ve figured out the “Why” after reading You Want To Create A Blog, Now What?. But if you haven’t, that’s alright. You’ll figure it out eventually.
Remember, if you want to blog so you can make Money, I hope you have a lot of time and patience. It won’t happen overnight.
Choosing which Platform can be a big decision, especially when it comes to finances. Do you need still need help in deciding? Let’s take a look at my favorites, Choosing Your Blog Platform – The Basics.
Still not sure? Do you need help deciding? Why not let me know below in the comments what you are struggling with. I’ve been there and understand some of the challenges you may be facing.#Blog names should be chosen Carefully and should be #Unique #bloggingtipsClick To Tweet
You Know Why and Which Platform?
Well, good for you! Very impressive! Care to share your Why and Which below?
The next step for you to figure out, or you may have been thinking about this the entire time, What Should I Name My Blog?
This is one of the biggest dilemma’s I’ve run into over the years with my blogs. Let me see if I can help you narrow it down.
- Your blog name should reflect What your blog is about. How descriptive is it?
- It should be “catchy” so folks will remember it easily.
- Keep it short and focused.
- Make sure the Domain is available for it, preferably the .com. You can check to see if it’s available for FREE at 1and1.com.
Here are a few other items to consider:
- Make it Unique – Are they other blogs similarly named?
- Google or Bing the name you are considering to make sure it is Available and Unique.
- Be sure it’s easily spelled. Don’t try to be tricky with swapping out “i” for “y” because it’s going to be difficult for potential readers to find.
If you’re still unsure, ask a few trusted friends to help you name it. You may think you have a great name in mind, however by asking a potential reader what they think; you might find out otherwise.
Don’t let naming your blog ruin your journey. As with figuring out the Why and Which Platform, Choosing a Name should be carefully considered.
Over To You
As a seasoned blogger, how did you arrive at your blog name? Are there any tips you would consider sharing with someone who is still in the process of naming theirs?